Saturday, July 2, 2011

For My Brother - Part 1

So because I am likely the most awesomest sister ever, and I have the most awesomest brother ever, who happens to be turning the big 3-0, I wanted to do something special for him. I would have LOVED to make a trip to Arkansas to visit him and my neice, but that's simply not affordable right now. So, instead I made him a scrapbook covering all his 30 years. I started it in January and finished early June and have had so much fun making it. There's some gaps as he gets older, because once he moved out we didn't see him all the time, and we lived far apart for a lot of years, as we still do. But I covered everything I could! Even stole some pictures from his Facebook! And now that he's recieved it, I can share the pages with all my five followers. :D



So here is the front page. I wanted to make it a little special, so I did a bunch of 1.5" head shots all around the edge (in chronological order). And wrote a special note to him (which I blurred out, along with a few other things throughoutt he album).








His full name is on the sides, but I have to protect his privacy to some degree.















Chris is a musician now, so these pictures are kinda special.






The picture of this page sucks for some reason! The title on the purple banners say "BIG BROTHER" "baby sister." Me being the baby, of course. :)





















I love my little Easter basket here, because I made a chocolate bunny and a sparkly yellow bunny Peep (used heat embossing)! We always loved Peeps!







Kindergarten!






I had fun with this one too! I heat embossed all the snow (Winter Wonderland embossing powder by Stampendous), and I think it came out cute!
















The following title makes me think of Hamburger Helper commercials! LOL



Probably my least favorite page!



I can tell I was in a heat embossing phase... I heat embossed all the yellow paper here using sparkle embossing powder.



One of the few two page layouts.








First Grade! School bus courtesy of the Stretch Your Imagination Cricut cartridge.











My Mom used to manage Wal Mart, and she often put us in Fashion Shows.






I was playing around with crinkly paper, but I don't like how my crinkly paper came out!



Second grade!



Cousins. I was palying with tearing paper here.. not too thrilled with the result, but it workds!





This is a page out our late, beloved Grandpa. The journaling is about how awesome he was.






This is one of my better shared pages. It's hard to combine events on one page, but I think it worked here.



And thus ends part one! I hope you stick around for part two!

No comments:

Post a Comment