Friday, May 17, 2013

Christmas & Baby News

I've got some pages to share!

Sunday after work and after dinner I decided to get some more scrappy time in! 
And next in my pile was my pregnancy announcement!!

I had no idea what I wanted to do with this page. I wanted to do something a little special, a little different. 
So somehow I decided on a circle of buttons! 
The "First Trimester" page goes with it, of course.

I started with the background paper and the brown... and of course the buttons! Ohhh the buttons. That was a lot of hot glue. And I learned how much it hurts when you try to hot glue a button to your thumb nail. 
Ouch!!
The blue I used for journaling and photo borders was chosen because it matched some of the buttons, and think ink that I used around the brown paper. I wish I had thought to use it on the first page though, to border the pictures rather than just doing the little photo corners (which I added after it was all glued down). I should have got both pages laid out before I started to glue. 
Oh well. I do feel like the first page needs a little more something.. but don't know what. And overall I like the pages. And I like that I used a ton of buttons. 
Painful as it was, it was kinda fun!

Then yesterday afternoon I was feeling physically drained and needed some relax time, so I spent the rest of the day scrapping!
Christmas 2012

Nooooot my favorite page. I tried to do a sketch. But I didn't have enough of the strips and I didn't want to cut into new paper just to make a few strips, so this is what I came up with, and it just looks too empty to me. But... good enough!

And finally...
Again I didn't know what to do with this page! But this layout came easily to me, and once I saw the striped paper (which is glittery and shiny), and it was in a pack with coordinating colors, I knew I had to use it! The blue background and the orange are both lightly patterened. The yellow/orange wasn't part of the pack, just one I had that matched pretty well.There will be a page that goes with this one about the second trimester, but I didn't get to it last night. I should have time to do it next week! 

I also made a little trip to Hobby Lobby this week! I really didn't buy a ton of scrappy stuff. Just some albums and sleeves (50% off!), a big tube of mixed flowers and leaves and some Stickles. 
I think that's it. 
But one of the albums I got, of course, is for Zane's first scrapbook. So excited to start that!
Kinda afraid I'll scrap every little moment and he'll end up with 300 albums by the time he's 18.. LOL
Seriously.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment