Saturday, May 11, 2013

Christmas Pictures 2012

I got one double page layout done last night. This is our Christmas pictures from last year, taken by my great friend Jenn of Jennifer Rice Photography!


It took me forever to figure out what to do with this page! I don't normally have so many vertical pictures so I knew I wanted to do them in a line like that. Since there were five I knew it would look best to split one between both pages, but I've never done that before and I was so scared to do it! LOL But I did it and I think it worked out. The hearts... I had a sketch saved that had a line of pictures like that with a big heart at the end, so I kinda ran with that idea. I should have made the border around the big heart bigger so it would stand out more. I think the little heart came out great. Then I felt like it needed a little more. I was gonna do Stickles (glitter glue) somewhere but then I thought of buttons. I do like how I used the buttons around the circle pic and the big heart. 
This page was very out of my comfort zone, just with the big pattern on the background paper, the split picture, the big hearts. But overall I think it came out nice and goes well with the pictures (I'm always pulling the colors from the pictures when choosing my paper)! Looking at it now, I feel like I should have had a strip at the top of the pictures as well, or maybe just corners for the pictures on the ends. But still I think it looks good! I'm glad I got to do a kinda girly page... having a boy will make those much less frequent! 

No comments:

Post a Comment